Message Details
AuthorMessage
bassman311
Fresh meat

Subject: The cinematography...Date: Wed 7-Dec-2005, 09:39:21

After viewing Land again last night, I thought of a good aspect of the film that we all should be able to appreciate.....the cinematography. Some of the shots in the film are absolutely beautiful.

To name a few of the more obvious, you've got the opening shot panning down from the "EAT" sign(did'nt you feel so excited as you watched this the first time? I know I almost pissed myself), the dead rising from the water into Pittsburgh, and many many more that I just can't think of because I don't have the film as a reference right now.

Im not sure if we can thank the cinematographer, Miroslaw Baszak for this or Romero, but whoever it is....they did a great job. On top of the wonderful shots, you also have to appreciate the fact that it's Romero's first 2.35:1 framed film, which makes the shots wonderful. For you folks that don't know, 2.35:1 is the largest aspect ratio for films these days. I believe "Cinescope" was the largest ever and it came in at about 2.75:1.(check out the new "Ben Hur" DVD...now THAT is widescreen).

Including all the things i've mentioned above, the film also has that blue/grey tint to it, which fits the feel of the movie very well. So with these things in consideration, how do you guys like the cinematography and camera work on LAND? To me, it's top notch.

Message Thread

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.