Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIARY gets US distribution!!!

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

DIARY gets US distribution!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome. I can't help but wonder if Tarantino and Rodriguez had something to do with this...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am glad he went with Weinstein... simply because they know how to market material worth marketing. Harvey and Bob are geniuses in the horror genre and I think Diary will get the proper marketing it deserves.

Although I am still skeptical of the film this was a very wise decision, and will put Romero in with a label known for decent horror.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    What about the UK/Europe!!!!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm thankful the Weinsteins haven't secured those rights. They tend to treat the foreign territories with contempt. We still haven't gotten GRINDHOUSE down in Australia and you can guarantee it'll be chopped in two when we eventually do...

I'm happy for Romero, though. He must've gotten a good deal. I knew this baby would sell based on audience reaction and word of mouth from the TIFF screenings.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Undisclosed
    Wow! Ronnie makes a rare appearance!

Thanks for the info man!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

re:

Yeah -- I'm sorry I'm such a stranger these days. Between having a family, owning a small press , polishing my novel, and needing to sleep, I don't have much time for the Homepage these days. But now we have something new to talk about, so you'll see more of me.

Super Moderator

United States
    I won't be relieved till I have a movie ticket and/or video store receipt for the movie, in my hand.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I am glad he went with Weinstein... simply because they know how to market material worth marketing. Harvey and Bob are geniuses in the horror genre and I think Diary will get the proper marketing it deserves.

Although I am still skeptical of the film this was a very wise decision, and will put Romero in with a label known for decent horror.
    I dunno. Let's hope it doesn't flop as horrificly as Grindhouse did.

Undisclosed
    Now all we need is a release date...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamitejim View Post
    I dunno. Let's hope it doesn't flop as horrificly as Grindhouse did.
    The GRINDHOUSE release date was QT's and RR's idea, and to be honest the running time ****ed that film. Nobody wants to sit through 3 hour and 15 minute films.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Chill out man, he done a deal for European distribution weeks ago.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Chill out man, he done a deal for European distribution weeks ago.
    Oh yeh! I forgot
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The GRINDHOUSE release date was QT's and RR's idea, and to be honest the running time ****ed that film. Nobody wants to sit through 3 hour and 15 minute films.
    Well, nobody really wants to sit through a film that long in that genre. Lord of the Rings - fine, but back to back exploitation flicks? Nah, the average punter just can't do it, it's a big ask...I hope DVD will be where Grindhouse finds a home (in a proper release, not split up ).

As for Diary, it'd be awesome if it gets released in Europe first. I can't believe we had to hang around till September 23rd to get Land...mind you, that was a better time to pimp it out, I mean summer release...sheesh....

Undisclosed
    The Weinsteins are big fans of horror movie franchises (Children of the Corn, Hellraiser, Halloween, Scream) I wonder if they have similar plans for zombie flicks? Interest seems to be sustained enough for a straight-to-DVD series at least, and there's no better name to attach than Romero.