Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival of the Dead UK BLU-RAY REVIEW...

Super Moderator

UK

Survival of the Dead UK BLU-RAY REVIEW...

United Kingdom
    Damn. Shame there's not one fucking extra on the thing. I'll still buy it, though.
    Kill 'em All

Great Britain
    No extra what so ever, seems strange to release the Blu-ray like that, guess it might be a rush release what with no cinema showing.

Don't think I'm going to bother buying this, wouldn't be surprised if there's a limited edition directors cut in a few months.

England
    I've decided that nothing can be worse than "Diary", I'll get the BD of "Survival", but I ain't paying top dollar for it, I'll wait until it's under a tenner.

("Day" on BD at the end of the month folks).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I've decided that nothing can be worse than "Diary", I'll get the BD of "Survival", but I ain't paying top dollar for it, I'll wait until it's under a tenner.

("Day" on BD at the end of the month folks).
    Or you could get it on DVD for like eight quid.

Optimum UK are clearly rushing it out to co-incide with the UK release of Zombieland (also out March 15th), and it appears that that Fleischer dude is in the midst of cutting the extra features right now - which will no doubt be provided on a DVD after the North American VOD & Theatrical runs.

So for us Brits buying now, it'll be a double dip - however, we haven't had a theatrical run, so I'm counting the £8 DVD as what I would have spent (or £1.20 more to be precise) going to see it in the cinema.

England
    MZ, I recently embraced the future and Hi-Def, I've stopped buying DVD's now, most BD's are only a few quid more.

Once I get "Day" & "Survival", my entire GAR collection will be in BD (apart from the Night remake which is not out on BD yet unfortunately).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    my DVD shipped today! can't wait
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Ditto (as did Zombieland).

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    I have seen the movie already so I'm not bursting for it. I suggest folks rent Survival and wait for the R1, which may have a wealth of extras for all we know. If the R1 doesn't have anything worthy of purchase then get the R2. It will be a fiver by then anyway.
    I'm figuring it this way - I'll end up spending about £1.19 or £2.19 more on it than I would have going to see it in the cinema, and if it had been in cinemas I would have gone to see it. So I'm thinking of this bare bones release as the equivalent of a cinema release (what's more I can watch it more than once and therefore get more for my money) ... then I'll get the R1 edition (which I'd imagine will have the extras, as Fleischer (sp?) is working on them now) when it comes out - which I would have been doing anyway as well.

So it's all good.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Lucky bastards getting it so soon. I imagine it's a nice change of pace for you guys, though. Usually being the last to get them and all.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Lucky bastards getting it so soon. I imagine it's a nice change of pace for you guys, though. Usually being the last to get them and all.
    Exactly - not only in cinemas, but on DVD - we wait longer than many countries, and quite often our releases aren't as good as the R1 releases, sometimes we get totally shafted and get a bare bones DVD, meanwhile the R1 will be a full on double disc packed with stuff - so I have ended up importing so many DVDs over the years because of this, but sometimes the prices are too high, and with the piffling £18 import limit before duties get to bum you backwards, you can often find a DVD being out of that range, which is no good to you (as you'd end up spending at least £13 in charges and fines for importing something more expensive than eighteen measily quid.

So yep - a nice change of pace ... ... but I'll still have to buy the R1, mind, cos of the extras situation. On the other hand, you guys will get it in cinemas over there.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    On the other hand, you guys will get it in cinemas over there.
    True....but I've got a feeling that will be a failed experiment. With it coming to R2 dvd, On Demand, and Xbox/PS3 first I don't think it will fare too well in cinemas. I hate to say it, but I for one won't be treking the hour long drive to see this one in theater if I can just see it on the net/VOD.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    True....but I've got a feeling that will be a failed experiment. With it coming to R2 dvd, On Demand, and Xbox/PS3 first I don't think it will fare too well in cinemas. I hate to say it, but I for one won't be treking the hour long drive to see this one in theater if I can just see it on the net/VOD.
    Indeed. I thought it was odd to do cinemas after a VOD release ... very odd.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Ditto (as did Zombieland).
    Mine too, although it's coming from Play.com, which is based in the Channel Islands, so I'm not really expecting it until Saturday (or Monday).

Super Moderator

UK
    My Survival and Zombieland DVDs turned up today ahead of Monday's street date, woo!

I'll try and get onto Survival ASAP and hit back with my thoughts-in-brief, before having a proper musing upon it later on.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    My Survival and Zombieland DVDs turned up today ahead of Monday's street date, woo!

I'll try and get onto Survival ASAP and hit back with my thoughts-in-brief, before having a proper musing upon it later on.

My DVDs arrived too. Watched SotD and was pleasantly surprised by it. Enjoyable fare. I think you might approve.