Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Die Hard 4 - Oh dear?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    The typo was so important that you had to call it out? You didn't know what I was trying to say or are you just that bored?
    It was a throwaway joke, requires no further analysis really. Geez, a little drunken 4am post and people think your'e trying to call 'em out. Damn.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    It was a throwaway joke, requires no further analysis really. Geez, a little drunken 4am post and people think your'e trying to call 'em out. Damn.
    It's okay, man. I forgive you. Just don't let it happen again. Bitch.

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn straight! Capn - no ... NO! No drinky-drinky while posty-posty!

j/k

Ahhh ... I miss my drunken forum posts that I made back in the day ... and I'd ask if they were "legiclable".

Banned User

United States
    I am so tired of the die hard series but like a schmuck I will probably go and see it anyways

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I am so tired of the die hard series but like a schmuck I will probably go and see it anyways
    What's to be afraid of? The first is friggin awesome. The second is quite mediocre. The third is REALLY friggin awesome.

As far as this director....I dunno. I just hope Bruce Willis and John McTiernan still have their heads in the right place...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ya know a nice little treat would be Zeus (Sam Jackson) making a quick cameo appearance. Although, just having a 4th die hard film makes me all giggly and 80's/90's action nostalgic all over again.

Lets face it, the Lethal Weapon films, and the Die Hard series defined the action comedy film genre. Of course Lethal Weapon is the standard every buddy cop film is judged against, and Die Hard is THE BE ALL END ALL standard of loner cop saving the world. If you intend to make films in this genre, you better do it right because you have a lot to live up too my friends.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Ya know a nice little treat would be Zeus (Sam Jackson) making a quick cameo appearance. Although, just having a 4th die hard film makes me all giggly and 80's/90's action nostalgic all over again.

Lets face it, the Lethal Weapon films, and the Die Hard series defined the action comedy film genre. Of course Lethal Weapon is the standard every buddy cop film is judged against, and Die Hard is THE BE ALL END ALL standard of loner cop saving the world. If you intend to make films in this genre, you better do it right because you have a lot to live up too my friends.
    You forgot the Beverly Hills Cop series. Well....more of the first and second, anyway. Those helped define the action/comedy flicks of the 80's and 90's...

And yeah....it would be really nice to see Zeus pop up somewhere. Willis and Jackson have alot of chemistry together. I'm thinking that Justin Long fella will have nothing.

"Yeah, Zeus. As in father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't **** with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass....Zeus!"
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Jan-2007 at 12:00 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    You forgot the Beverly Hills Cop series. Well....more of the first and second, anyway. Those helped define the action/comedy flicks of the 80's and 90's...
    Funny you should say that Bass, I saw Beverly Hills Cop 3 for the 3rd time the other day on cable and I don't think it's too bad. I enjoyed it. Damn, first T3 now BHC3, I think I got the 2nd sequel bug!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Funny you should say that Bass, I saw Beverly Hills Cop 3 for the 3rd time the other day on cable and I don't think it's too bad. I enjoyed it. Damn, first T3 now BHC3, I think I got the 2nd sequel bug!
    No....I wasn't saying that it's bad. It's an entertaining flick. It just isn't quite as good as the first two.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Beverly Hills Cop 3 tried to hard to bea comedy. John Landis is a good director for films like the Blues Brothers or American Werewolf in London, but a bad choice for Beverly Hills Cop. The over the top performances and overall demeanor of the flick really took away the magic that was in the Beverly Hills Cop films. I thought 2 left a lot to be desired, but it was more action driven were as the first was a good mix of action and comedy.

There has been talk of a BHC4, and Tarantino offered to direct it if Eddie Murphy agreed to be Axel Foley one more time. I don't know if that was a rumor or true, but there was a lot of buzz about it last year. Eddie needs to stop doing the kid friendly flicks. I don't find him funny anymore in those films. The last film I thought not only showed Eddie could act but also be the good action star was Metro. It was a little slow paced at times, but it was pretty decent.

Kinda funny but Beverly Hills Cop is the only popular 80's action series that hasn't gotten a 4th film. If it does get to #4 I hope it is at least as decent as #2. Plus, with Rocky doing well at the Box office, it shows we all still have a soft spot for our 80's movies stars... cause quite frankly todays crop sucks ass and there really hasn't been an action film worth seeing in theaters in a long time.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    There has been talk of a BHC4, and Tarantino offered to direct it if Eddie Murphy agreed to be Axel Foley one more time. I don't know if that was a rumor or true, but there was a lot of buzz about it last year.
    The rumour was true. Tarantino has stated that if Murphy wants to play Foley again then he'd be more than happy to direct it. It was reported in a number of US/UK tabloids as well as 'E' Entertainment News and the internet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The full trailer is avaible HERE

A better trailer than the first. At least it has the legendary quote and a shot of a grown, very hot Lucy Mclane.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Die Hard shaped the modern action-comedy genre. The Die Hard series did not. The first film is the only one that's great. The second one is OK, one of Renny Harlins hits. The third one is also OK, with some really cool spots. But this looks, like someone said, too Transportey...

Add the obvious tiresome over-the-top patriotism that seems to be present (Bruce Willis being a supporter of the war and all that) and the fact that the Underworld films SUCKED HARD ASS, I don't have that high hopes for this film.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    But this looks, like someone said, too Transportey...
    Me me me! That was me!

It does seem to be risking CGI rediculous/unbelievable action fest!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Well, tis a summer movie...I shall be there to see it. I can regen what braincells and IQ I lose during the fall movie season's award movies.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman