Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Die Hard 4 - Oh dear?

Administrator

England

Die Hard 4 - Oh dear?

Has it all gone overboard and "Transportery"?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ztfShRH5YYw
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Oh, I am looking forward to this!

Super Moderator

UK
    I can see why you might say "Transportery", but I don't think it's quite there - it's certainly not spinning your car in mid-air past a crane which unhooks the bomb attached to the underside of your Audi.

It's been a good long while since Die Hard was reigned supreme, action has gone leaps and bounds further, especially with The Matrix fallout, so everything just gets bigger and bigger. I think they're on the borderline judging from that trailer, but hopefully the right side of said line.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it ... even if the title is a bit naff - yes, "live" is the antonym to "die", but since when was "free" the antonym to "hard"?

Mind you, Live Floppy or Die Hard doesn't quite have the same boner-inducing cock-rocking-ness does it?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    John McClane is back, mother f*ckers!

I'm not sure what to think of the action yet. Some of it was Die Hard-ish, but then some of it was a bit extreme. I was worried about the "Underworld" guy directing this and that dude from "Dodgeball".....but it looks like it could be great.

And what the f*ck is up with the leather jacket? What? No dirty white tank top with his under arm gun holster? That's one of the trademarks of the series....

capncnut
    *yawns*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    *yawns*
    Not a fan of the Die Hard series?

I just read that Kevin Smith apparently has a roll in the film. I don't know what to think of this.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Die Hard 4 is gonna be a tough call to make without seeing it methinks.

Remember Lethal Weapon 4? It just isn't 1 through 3 is it? (spare me the Land analogy here all you Land haters out there )

I was reading about the Smith cameo/small role in his blog, sounds interesting. Hopefully it won't be one of those cameos that stick out like a sore thumb (speaking of Smith, have you seen the trailer for Catch & Release? I wanna see it, but just for the Smith supporting role ).

Like I said when I saw the trailer, I'm in both minds about it - on one hand it looks kick ass (the Brucie stare) but on the other it might look a bit over cooked, a little too sensational (i.e. not believable enough - e.g. Transporter 2 and the bomb/crane hook mid-air car spin carry-on).

Hmmm...regardless - bring it on bitch!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I like Lethal Weapon 4, man. Chris Rock could have been kicked out, but other than that I liked it.

With the Lethal Weapon flicks, the first is the best and the other three are all about on the same level for me. The first is better probably because it was Riggs at his craziest. "You wanna jump? DO YA?? LETS DO IT....LETS JUMP!"

I'm a bit skeptical about the "I f*ck Kate Beckinsale" guy(bastard) directing the next Die Hard, but being that it's the series that brought Willis into the scene, I doubt he'll let it go horribly wrong. And McTiernan is producing....so there's still hope.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I didn't get to see the trailer because YouTube was forced to take it down. I am looking forward to Die Hard 4, though. Yipee-kay-yay mutha farker!

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Not a fan of the Die Hard series?

I just read that Kevin Smith apparently has a roll in the film. I don't know what to think of this.....
    smith is a massive die hard fan. i think it's one of his all time faves, he wrote a blog that was too long for me to be arsed with reading about how great it is.

dunno about this, what with rocky 6, terminator 4, rambo 4 (or whatever), is this the decade of the 80s hardmen's last hurrahs?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I just read that Kevin Smith apparently has a roll in the film.
    Oh yeah, what flavour?

Super Moderator

UK
    Cinnamin flavour ... little Now You Know DVD Q&A reference fer you lot there.

Liam - aye I scan read through that blog entry too, the guy is one dirty vest shy of flat out chugging on l'il Brucie if you ask me.

As long as the "come backs" are solid, then it's okay with me ... although Terminator 4 (which won't involve Arnie) is just going to choke on pole if that Jonathan "the Americans captured the enigma machine" Mostow has anything to do with it. A whole movie of crappy looking CGI endoskeletons? Sheesh...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am looking forward to Die Hard 4 regardless who directs it because it has Bruce back in his signature tough guy roll. I just wanna hear him say Yippeee Ki-Yay Mutherfu*ker one more time, and see him whoop someones ass. Out of all the die hard films, 1 and 3 are my favorite. 2, is ok, but is a little over the top for me. (Machine gun battle in the middle of an airport and no one hears it?... WTF?)

Bring back McClane one more time and send him out with a great hoorah! I hope at least when the film opens he is recovering from another hangover. That hangover gag in 3 was funny as hell. The whole movie all the poor bastard wanted was some aspirin.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    I too loved the hang over gag in 3, and likewise 1 and 3 are my faves. 2 was good, but just didn't have the heart & soul of the first and third - most probably down to the fact that 1 and 3 were both directed by McTiernan.

I just hope that DH4 isn't dripping with too much MTV influence, you know, so it's "down with the kids" ... I still have 'Nam-style flashbacks about Jimmy Fallon and that awful Taxi remake *shudders* ... that film was dripping with MTV, I don't want the same for DH4...

...and nope, wasn't making a link between Taxi (USA) and DH4 ... just popped into my head with the MTV fear type thing...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Oh yeah, what flavour?

The typo was so important that you had to call it out? You didn't know what I was trying to say or are you just that bored?

Anyway....2 was definitely the least of the series. A decent movie in it's own right, but not a good as the first and third. My favorite things about 2 are the great villian(William Sadler), a few good jokes, and a Cholo has a small role.

"With a Vengeance" is loaded with great stuff. Mainly the comedy between Willis and Jackson. Golden.