Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Snyder's Army of the Dead (Netflix 2021)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It was pretty much what I expected, really. Lots of flash, cool imagery, but no substance. Going in with those expectations, I was satisfied. I highly doubt I’ll ever see it again, but that initial viewing was entertaining enough. Especially for “free”.

In comparison, Snyder’s Justice League is a masterpiece. Definitely the better of his two streaming releases in the past few months. Watched it a few times and it’s growing on me even more. I don’t see that happening with Army.

Can’t believe Snyder doubled down on the zombie baby thing!
    I admit the zombie baby thing made me LOL.

i was like really??? again??

Starting to think he has an impregnation fetish or something... i mean the motherfucker does have like 8 kids
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I was wondering about that - a couple of zombie kills appeared as if there were blue/white flashes as they went down, and I thought to myself "was that a robot?" - but it was so dumb at that point that I didn't even bother rewinding to figure it out.
    I did some digging and apparently it’s very much there. Several media sites have stories on it. So then I scanned through the last 20-ish minutes and confirmed it for myself. They make a metallic sound when shot, their eyes glow blue, they spark when shot, and you can plainly see the robotic skulls/parts. Not only that, but when Bautista blows the Alpha’s head apart, there is obvious fluorescent blue fluid mixed in with the regular blood and brain matter. Can’t wait to see where this goes in the next one....

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I admit the zombie baby thing made me LOL.

i was like really??? again??

Starting to think he has an impregnation fetish or something... i mean the motherfucker does have like 8 kids

Holy shit, Dj! Good to see you around man!
    Last edited by bassman; 23-May-2021 at 07:04 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I did some digging and apparently it’s very much there. Several media sites have stories on it. So then I scanned through the last 20-ish minutes and confirmed it for myself. They make a metallic sound when shot, their eyes glow blue, they spark when shot, and you can plainly see the robotic skulls/parts. Not only that, but when Bautista blows the Alpha’s head apart, there is obvious fluorescent blue fluid mixed in with the regular blood and brain matter. Can’t wait to see where this goes in the next one....

Holy shit, Dj! Good to see you around man!
    Hey bassman, still groovin' I hope.

I was telling Minion on FB I think AOTD borrowed a subplot from the Brian Keene book, The Rising. There is a few similarities between that story and this movie, plus I also think they took queues from Body Snatchers as well as a few other Sci-Fi flicks.

It is definitely an all in, including the kitchen sink zombie flick.

I didn't like it on 1st viewing in theaters but watched it again and said ya know this is not horrible, it has its moments. Once you digest it then it becomes a bit more enjoyable. I will clarify by saying this is a typical summer blockbuster popcorn flick, mindless blow shit up fun with zombie thrown in just to say fuck it, we threw in zombies because... well, Netflix gave me(Zack) $90 million to make it and I said ok, Zombies.

I will say the gore and FX were way better than some of the stuff on The Walking Dead or even some of other horror favorites.

I think it was MZ who said they should have made a film about the overtaking of Las Vegas and its eventual fall, now that is a movie I would have loved to watch too.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    I was wondering about that - a couple of zombie kills appeared as if there were blue/white flashes as they went down, and I thought to myself "was that a robot?" - but it was so dumb at that point that I didn't even bother rewinding to figure it out.
    Yes, I noticed that too...

Get's mentioned in this too... Which also mentions my big issue with the plot (why not just leave with the head immediately)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC1LiBBkDdo
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Get's mentioned in this too... Which also mentions my big issue with the plot (why not just leave with the head immediately)...

Also why was there another team sent in and ended up dead at the bank too, why not hire people to get you the zombie blood you wanted without the bank stuff? I can maybe understand telling Dave Batista group about the money to get them to go in as his lot wouldn't have agreed to getting the blood and his team was useful as they had already survived Las Vegas, but surely you could have hired a group without the bank stuff at all to get you the blood why lie to two teams. Just too much Dumb and stupid stuff to enjoy this at all

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Has there been any more news on the previously announced prequel? We know it’s called Army of Thieves and directed by the guy that played the locksmith, but have yet to hear if it’s the fall of Vegas. It would have to be, right? Unless it’s a prequel to a zombie movie that features zero zombies...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Has there been any more news on the previously announced prequel? We know it’s called Army of Thieves and directed by the guy that played the locksmith, but have yet to hear if it’s the fall of Vegas. It would have to be, right? Unless it’s a prequel to a zombie movie that features zero zombies...
    Army of Thieves is due out this year. Supposedly in post right now.

BTW, that pitch meeting video was funny but gave me a headache.

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Hey hey! Dj on HPOTD!

Boy-oh-boy did this movie not make a lick of sense.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Just watched that again... It's more entertaining than the movie
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I totally forgot I had noticed the robot zombies! It was definitely there!

Also, good to see DJ back on here!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey hey! Dj on HPOTD!

Boy-oh-boy did this movie not make a lick of sense.
    You should have known there was no way I was NOT checking in to see what fellow HPOTD-er's were saying.

I am surprised Loucipherr has checked in yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I have some questions

the King and Queen zombie couple, we know they had a baby (those of us that watched it). So I am wondering why no zombie Sex Scene, Dead Alive did it!!! Plus I wonder, because the Alphas were highly intelligent for being zombies, did they mate using basic Neanderthal instincts or did he meet her and show her a night on the town through the Vegas ruins and she fell in love and decided to give him some nookie.

this is shit I need to know man!!!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I have some questions

the King and Queen zombie couple, we know they had a baby (those of us that watched it). So I am wondering why no zombie Sex Scene, Dead Alive did it!!! Plus I wonder, because the Alphas were highly intelligent for being zombies, did they mate using basic Neanderthal instincts or did he meet her and show her a night on the town through the Vegas ruins and she fell in love and decided to give him some nookie.

this is shit I need to know man!!!

Probably wined and dined her with goblets of blood and a plate full of finger food, then off for a bit of gruff undead rumpy pumpy.

They might have had spectators. They weren't averse to PDAs, after all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Probably wined and dined her with goblets of blood and a plate full of finger food, then off for a bit of gruff undead rumpy pumpy.

They might have had spectators. They weren't averse to PDAs, after all.
    This is a simple assumption, I need to know specifics. I am almost 50 I have questions I need to close plot holes.

Buwahahahahahaha
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Great Britain

Red Letter Media review.

United States
    Holy fuck does this movie look and sound like cringe-worthy shit!

I think I'd honestly rather watch something like Oasis of the Zombies or The Alien Dead. For some reason, I can tolerate old low budget garbage a lot better than I can multi-million dollar budget modern garbage. At least they aren't CGI shit fests and full of modern cliches.