Thread: The War of the Worlds 2: The Massacre of Mankind (Book)

Administrator

England

The War of the Worlds 2: The Massacre of Mankind (Book)

Well, on the 19th of January 2017 we're getting a sequel to H.G.Wells rather famous book (from 1898) when its copyright ends - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35004565

A sequel to HG Wells's The War of the Worlds is to be published in 2017 when the copyright on the original expires.

Written by Stephen Baxter, The Massacre of Mankind will see the Martians from Wells's story invading Earth once more, having learned from the mistakes they made first time around.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I would put this next to my copy of Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds(Warner Books, 1975), where two famous Doyle characters; Sherlock Holmes and Professor Challenger, combine forces to face off against H.G. Wells invaders. There's another book I rather liked(the name escapes me), where the famous writers of that time gave their own account of the invasion. Unfortunately I don't have that one any more. And I'm still waiting for a full blown screen adaption of Jeff Wayne's musical.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    I would put this next to my copy of Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds(Warner Books, 1975), where two famous Doyle characters; Sherlock Holmes and Professor Challenger, combine forces to face off against H.G. Wells invaders. There's another book I rather liked(the name escapes me), where the famous writers of that time gave their own account of the invasion. Unfortunately I don't have that one any more. And I'm still waiting for a full blown screen adaption of Jeff Wayne's musical.
    Isn't that bad grammer? - Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds

Shouldn't it be? - Sherlock Holmes' War of The Worlds

Spelt correctly or not, would you recomment it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Isn't that bad grammer? - Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds

Shouldn't it be? - Sherlock Holmes' War of The Worlds

Spelt correctly or not, would you recomment it?
    That's how it's spelt on my copy.
    And yes; it's a fun read.