Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead: 400 Days (video game) - Telltale Games

United States

The Walking Dead: 400 Days (video game) - Telltale Games

get your wallets out, ladies and gents: the next episode in "The Walking Dead" game is coming out this week!

will be a nice thing to return to after the holiday weekend!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...a-release-date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXre05VFx0

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    revin' up them feels.

Administrator

England
    Unless I read something in a review to change my mind, I sort of feel like I've been there and done (played) this!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    !?
    Okay, this has been bugging me for a while, whats with the exclamation of surprise thing replacing a full stop you do in every game thread? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Okay, this has been bugging me for a while, whats with the exclamation of surprise thing replacing a full stop you do in every game thread? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?
    It's a bad habit I've got into... Like over use of "..." too!

I guess when I end a sentence making a point, but could also be opening a question!? <--- Grrrrrrr!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    It's a bad habit I've got into... Like over use of "..." too!

I guess when I end a sentence making a point, but could also be opening a question!? <--- Grrrrrrr!
    Shouldn't the "?" technically come before the "!" ... ???

When I was in first year uni, living in res, we noticed that people walking by our kitchen window were always looking in - so we made a sign that exclaimed "WHAT YOU LOOKIN' AT!!!???" ... and on one summer's eve, a passer by (no doubt a student of English Literature or something) huffily grumbled "the question mark should come before the exclamation point".

I've forever since put the "?" before the "!"

I'm also a big fan of ellipses ... but you already knew that ... sometimes I just wanna write a stream of thoughts as they strike me.

As for 400 Days - yeah, I'd definitely play it.

Admittedly I've not been bothered enough to go back and replay the episodes as a total bastard - I did so for the first two, but the replay value wasn't so hot for me in the end. I really enjoyed playing them the first time, but it felt a bit slow and repetitive the second time through (and only so I could be a bastard to see some slight differences) ... you can change the direction of your story, but natually there's a limit to how free your story can be. Certain things happen at certain times - static points that are unchanged - so it just becomes slight tweaks to this or that ... which kinda watered down the 'choose your story' hype for me.

Administrator

England
    Released over the next couple of days - http://www.cinemablend.com/games/wal...eek-57169.html

PS3 gamers in North America will be able to download 400 Days on Tuesday. The game will be available on PC and Mac through Steam and Telltale's official store on the following day. The worldwide Xbox Live launch will occur on July 5th. PS3 gamers in Europe and iOS owners won't be able to play it during the holiday weekend; 400 Days will arrive on those platforms on July 10th and 11th, respectively.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Released over the next couple of days - http://www.cinemablend.com/games/wal...eek-57169.html
    Anyone hear any buzz or early access reviews on this? I had some suspicions about the possible quality the way they just sort of shat this out in no time flat for a release in between season 1 and 2, but if it's got a good story I'll be up for it, especially since I was such a complete sucker for season one's drama and voice acting.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK

Administrator

England
    ^^
    Wow!

Only 1hr20min long? How much is this going to cost? And I read somewhere it was free for some people? If so, who?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^
    Wow!

Only 1hr20min long? How much is this going to cost? And I read somewhere it was free for some people? If so, who?
    I've read $5.

Administrator

England
    It's £3.99 over here...

For 1hr20mins... I'll wait for it to drop down a bit...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ... Like over use of "..." too!
    Hey. . . .that's my thing!!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    ^

yeah, i'm quite guilty of the "...." thing myself.

as for the game and it's price, 5 bucks is less than i spend on many other things, and i really enjoyed the first one, so this is an instant purchase for me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

yeah, i'm quite guilty of the "...." thing myself.
    Ahem...

Sorry if it's annoying, but I regularly trail off in real life. Drives my kids nuts.

Also, can't wait to watch my kid play this. The first was the tits!!!