Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOTLD being remade again staring Judith O'Dea and other Romero film cast members

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Cool NOTLD being remade again staring Judith O'Dea and other Romero film cast members

I just stumbled across this and thought you guys would dig this info.

From the website.
    This re-imagining of George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead will pay homage to the timeless classic while expanding upon its storyline to explore more of the night when the dead began to rise.

Judith O'Dea (Original NOTLD), Mike Christopher, David Early, Jim Krut, and David Crawford (Dawn of the Dead 1979), Scott Tepperman (Ghost Hunters Int.), Bill Johnson (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2), Heidi Hinzman (Daughter to the late Bill Hinzman "NOTLD 1968"), Christy Johnson (Tobe Hooper's Mortuary), and John Migliore (Land of the Dead & Survival of the Dead)

http://www.indiegogo.com/notld-2012?c=home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Y1SMBCc_M

Fresh Meat

Backwater region of the Milky Way galaxy, in Kansas City, MO
    United States
    ANOTHER NOTLD remake! Ye gods!
    Just another in a long line of this classic film being plundered..
    When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. [/center]

Administrator

England
    Couple of pics here - http://www.myspace.com/johnmigliorezone/photos/10150139

Stupid contacts for zombies? Check!
    Stupid boils for zombies? Check!
    Stupid hair for zombies? Check!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Oh dear, cant they get the make up artists from TWD involved to at least make the zombies look good? Also why do zombies always have really bad rotten teeth, do only tramps with bad personal hygiene become the undead? After a few months I can understand bad teeth, but not people who have just turned!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland

All Things Zombie, eh? Now there's a blast from the (gun-totin', liberal hatin', petty squabblin') past! You a member over there Neil?

After a brief flirtation with HPotD, in its original nested, no-signup-required format back in about 2000, I want to ATZ and was an active member for about six years. It was a great site initially, with a good gang of regulars, but then they opened a Zombie Survival and Defense forum and overnight there was a sudden influx of new guys posting endless "macho" pictures of themselves wearing camo gear and balaclavas, waving samurai swords around, or with guns strapped to every body limb while pointing an automatic into the lens. You know: the kinda stuff you see on the news after someone goes postal. These guys, who on the whole knew very little about zombie films, gradually took over and all the regulars began to drift away, myself included. Pretty sad when I think about how it used to be.

As for another Night of the Living Dead movie, it looks like that bubble is about to finally burst: if you look at the list of remakes, re-edits and re-imaginings, you can see a gradual acceleration in the rate of releases, starting at one every three or four years in the late 1980s/early 1990s, rising to four in one year in 2012. At one point, the association of the Night of the Living Dead title was great free marketing, but now it's getting to the point that the title has saturated the market, there's so many films flying under that flag that it's difficult for even a hardcore horror fan to work out which movie he/she is picking up. In terms of publicity, that title is going to start becoming a lead weight, and hopefully 2012 or 2013 will mark the death of this strange fad for raping the NotLD name.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Oh dear, cant they get the make up artists from TWD involved to at least make the zombies look good? Also why do zombies always have really bad rotten teeth, do only tramps with bad personal hygiene become the undead? After a few months I can understand bad teeth, but not people who have just turned!
    That's a major pet peeve of mine with zombies movies, or some zombie movies rather. They've just turned, and all of a sudden their teeth have gone all higgeldy-piggeldy. They're generally pretty good about it in TWD at least with more realistic deterioration (massively receded gum lines, staining, the odd broken tooth) ... but sometimes there have been some really overdone teeth in zombies movies.

As for another NOTLD remake ... again?! I'm with Neil too, I'm not keen on the make-up to be honest. Particularly the boils.

Norway
    The teaser looked better than the pictures, the zombies looked like cartoon characters not dead people. Anyway it seems that the remake have its sound design down and a little more patience than usual. Still a remake of night is not really necessary what can they do that the original have not already done and done better?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    what can they do that the original has not already done?
    Apparently boils!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I really wish people would come up with their own thing instead of cashing in on Romero.

Who knows, it might turn out OK. I'm sure I'll see it if it's ever released. Best of luck to 'em.

Well, I'm off to start shooting my sock puppets version of NOTLD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Stupid contacts for zombies? Check!
    Stupid boils for zombies? Check!
    Stupid hair for zombies? Check!

why must we endure this crap seemingly every 3-5 years? *sigh* the 1990 remake at least involved Romero...nevermind, i'm not even gonna bother.

i put that pic in my post because that "zombie" looks a lot like the Cool Ghoul, a cincinnati icon who hosted late night horror flicks on fri. and sat. nights. anyone who grew up around here has fond memories of the Cool Ghoul. the Cool Ghoul didn't have boils but for some reason that pic instantly reminded me of him.

Last edited by Mike70; 23-Apr-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    That zombie looks ridiculous. I'd much rather see a new Romero undead film. Say what you will of the latest GAR films, at least the zombies looked good.
    And 'expanding the story to explore more of the night ...'? No thanks. NOTLD was all about the relentless siege on this one house. This sounds utterly pointless.

Undisclosed
    Here I what I think this re-imaging is going to be:

The story starts as a "reality" show is doing a ghost investigation at a reportedly haunted farm with the Ghost Hunters guy pretty much protraying himself. Then the zombie stuff starts happening and there will be lots of screaming and stupid things done that get them killed off one by one. The Cooper family will later arrive to seek refuge in the house. Ben will either be some green beret/special forces/marine sniper that just returned from iraq/afghanistan or the stereotypical gangsta. There probably won't be a Tom or Judy.

I wouldn't be surprised if much of the movie is shot in cinema verite, i.e. Blair Witch style.

My guess is that the older cast members like Judith O'dea (probably going to be the owner of the farm) will be used as the rural town folks and the younger cast are the ghost hunting crew.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Here I what I think this re-imaging is going to be:

The story starts as a "reality" show is doing a ghost investigation at a reportedly haunted farm with the Ghost Hunters guy pretty much protraying himself. Then the zombie stuff starts happening and there will be lots of screaming and stupid things done that get them killed off one by one. The Cooper family will later arrive to seek refuge in the house. Ben will either be some green beret/special forces/marine sniper that just returned from iraq/afghanistan or the stereotypical gangsta. There probably won't be a Tom or Judy.

I wouldn't be surprised if much of the movie is shot in cinema verite, i.e. Blair Witch style.

My guess is that the older cast members like Judith O'dea (probably going to be the owner of the farm) will be used as the rural town folks and the younger cast are the ghost hunting crew.
    Incorrect. There is a screenshot on the link in the first post of Tom and Judy hiding under the truck by the gas pump as a zombie shuffles by.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    That zombie looks ridiculous. I'd much rather see a new Romero undead film. Say what you will of the latest GAR films, at least the zombies looked good.
    And 'expanding the story to explore more of the night ...'? No thanks. NOTLD was all about the relentless siege on this one house. This sounds utterly pointless.
    To be fair, that shot is not from the film, so we can't judge it fairly...

-- -------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

On the website is says, "We need to raise $35-$40,000 to reach our $450,000 goal!"

So they've got over $400,000 but can't afford to make the film. But with $450,000 they can? Hmmm...
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    The teaser shows some promise. It wouldn't be hard to top Night 90. One of these remakes should be worth a flip eventually.