Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares?

United States

Anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares?

Ever since I've been little (probably after seeing NOTLD for the first time) I've regularly had some absolutely messed up zombie dreams. Usually I forget them soon after I have them, but I usually have some really atmospheric music happening in my head during these nightmares as well (it's like Goblin is doing the soundtrack to my nightmare, wicked).

I couldn't tell you any real specifics off the top of my head right now from any of these dreams/nightmares but I know I usually have a good zombie nightmare about once a month or so (quite regularly). Usually I'll have one of those: "Hey, I'm having a dream" moments during it, but there are times I can remember waking up thanking God that I'm in my bed under my comforter and it was just an awful, and vivid, dream. I'm not going to lie though, some of these nightmares really freak me out... but I think the subconscious really helps us prepare for worst case scenerio situations in real life by putting us into imagined situations in our dreams/nightmares. Jung would probably have something interesting to say on it (ego and sub-ego and all that). I used to have some really intense nuclear war nightmares too (and still do, although much less frequently).

Anyway, anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares? If so, don't be shy. Speak up, you'll make those of us who do feel a little less crazy.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 07-Apr-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling error
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, I have zombie dreams from time to time, definitely more since I've been posting here

I definitely remember one I had a few years back now, probably, that had me trying to secure the mall local to my hometown with a bunch of other survivors. At the time it was very realistic and it's the realistic ones that are, of course, scary as hell.

I also remember one zombie dream that I was having ages and ages ago during a period in my life when I was having lucid dreams fairly regularly and able to exercise some nice, conscious control over them. I decided I wasn't in the mood for being chased around in a pulse-pounding fashion by zombies for who knows how long and just ended the dream by tossing myself into a raving mob of them...fade to black and the dream was nicely over and done I wish I still had lucid dreams...

Usually my zombie dreams aren't too intense or realistic, thankfully, and I often enjoy trying to pick out the hazy details after the fact.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I don't think I've ever had any specifically "zombie" dreams but I guess I have had nightmares where I am forced to fight against some sort of adversary, and wake up without remembering too many details on what, why or who. Zombie dreams are probably along the same lines, I suppose.

Great Britain
    Nope real world more scary tbh

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I used to have the worst nightmares when I was a girl. After I watched Day, I was terrified to go to sleep at night. I made sure that I slept with my window open a crack so that if a zombie broke in, I could jump out the window quickly. I woke up screaming a couple of times and insisted that I sleep with a piece of wood that I could use as a club. After a few nights of me gripping it so tight that I got splinters in my hand, my dad sanded it down so that I wouldn't get splinters anymore.

So, I bet that makes you feel a little less crazy, eh? That is why I was banned from watching horror movies again for years. I was only 9 then, so my fear was understandable.

A more recent zombie dream I had was pretty scary. I was in a greenhouse and they were all pressed up against the glass looking at me. There was no way out....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Nope real world more scary tbh
    You're just being...paranoid

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Man I WISH I got zombie nightmares...

When I started out with the puppet show, I was hopin' for some choice zombie nightmares. Or puppet nightmares. Or zombie puppet nightmares.

Nope. Nada. Nuthin'.

However, I did have a nightmare where I grabbed a kitchen knife and cut my cat like a sack of beans. Now that scared the @#$ out of me...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
    A more recent zombie dream I had was pretty scary. I was in a greenhouse and they were all pressed up against the glass looking at me. There was no way out....
    That is a pretty awesome/terrifying image!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    That is a pretty awesome/terrifying image!
    It was pretty terrifying. That is all I remember about it though. Got the plans for a greenhouse in the works right now, so I know that is what brought it on.

United States
    I used to have very bad zombie nightmares when I was a kid. Some wierd ones set at my grandmother's house I remember pretty vividly. I think I really became a zombie movie fan when the dreams ceased to be scary. I actually started to enjoy the zombie dreams. . . is that weird?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I have a zombie nightmare about once a week.

I posted all about one on here awhile back; it's the one where some hobo tried to stab me for trying to get paid for being on a body-disposal crew.

United Kingdom
    I often have zombies make an appearance in my dreams. Most of the time they're not really what I'm dreaming about, they're just there.
    Kill 'em All

Dying

Undisclosed
    I've only had one, and it happened shortly after I found this site. They had me trapped on a mezzanine, but they were so slow moving and weak that they couldn't react fast enough to bite me so I just walked right by them.
    Last edited by major jay; 08-Apr-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    I've posted this before, but here it is.

I used to have what I call seige dreams. I was trapped in a house surronded be zombies. Then one night, knowing I was dreaming, I steped out of the house to confront them.

They actually got upset and demanded that I get back in the house! I just walked off laughing.

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

Twitching

United States
    Yes,
    Have two types of zombie dreams. First are the hazy yet creepy dreams, short on details, but something really grisly always happens to wake me up with my heart pounding. Then the grisly ending is all I can clearly remember.

The second kind are much worse. Will have detailed, full-color vivid complex scenario-dreams that seem so real that when I start to wake up for about a minute I'm not sure whether it was a dream or a memory. Thankfully the second type are less common by far than the first.

Yes, I've had nightmares so realistic that upon awakening I've armed myself with a loaded handgun and gone to check the doors and windows, while flipping on outside lights to peer out into the night and make sure zombies aren't staggering across the lawn towards my house.

Of late I've been having an unusually large number of monstrous home-invasion type dreams, many of which feature zombies surrounding and breaking in to my indefensible home. They got much more common after a tweaked out freak actually broke in three months ago while I was home alone. Got into a scuffle with the guy and hurt him bad, but he never made a sound besides the light huffing exhalation when he tossed me over the back of the loveseat one-handed. For weeks afterward I replayed the entire scene in my mind every time I tried to sleep or finally fell asleep. Much of what bothered me was the great strength he exhibited in a casual way, and his total insensitivity to pain.

Ie: Guy grabbed me around the midsection and lifted me up while squeezing me hard enough to make me want to puke. Didn't twitch or make a sound when I cupped my hands and clapped his ears solidly. I felt suction, so I know I messed up his ears, but I might as well have clapped a statue. A forearm to the nose resulted in a running bloody nose, but his grip didn't slacken. Finally he just tossed me away.

Anyways, yes. Have had lots of extreme dreams of the type you mention. Not ashamed to admit that recently I talked my mother into letting me bring my .45 home from where I'd been storing it at my uncle's place. (She hates handguns, but relented for my sake after the home attack). The lockbox containing my gun sits on my bedroom dresser right next to the bed (locked), but the key is on the same chain as my Hexagram of Solomon around my neck.

Paranoid? Absolutely. But I believe if you're going to deal with the complications and dangers bringing a gun into one's home entails, that gun should be increasing your sense of security/safety in your home. (Which mine does for me). Since bringing it home the dream-replays have lessened, and my hyper-vivid nightmares/false quasi-memories have slackened off as well.

*Note: I do not advocate or recommend keeping privately owned firearms outside secured cases/lockboxes/gun safes when said weapons are not in use. Just mentioned it because of the obvious effect it had on my rate of nightmares.