Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Orally slams "Saw III", violent cinema.

Undisclosed

Angry Bill Orally slams "Saw III", violent cinema.

He called horror film makers "villains" in his opening memo for supposedly tainting the minds of adult American movie-goers with their films. I've been a fan of both horror films and rock music since I was a kid, and my criminal record is spotless. This scapegoating of the entertainment industry never fails to irk me. Can you say "catering to the base"?

United States
    It's people like that piss me off. That in the crusades against video games. The Parental Advisory labels on CDs (which ironically boosted sales...lol).

It's not the business. It's the people who are out there. WOULD AMERICA DO SOME GOD DAMN PARENTING!

...people need minds. I'm beginning to think they don't make em anymore...

Kazakhstan
    it's got to the point where were all bored of debating and kinda just roll our eyes at the mention of a corellation between violent media and behaviour.

i think marilyn manson hit it on the head when he went on stage and read those dodgy bits in the bible about smashing the heads of excess children, and then asked who has more sway over america.

not that 15 yr old kids read obscure bible passages en masse in the way they consume his music, but i see his point.

United States
    He explained it the other day on his program. It's not that we're making and seeing these sorts of movies, it's that (seems to him) that's ALL we're making and seeing.

Discounting March of the Penguins and a few other children's movies, of course.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    soccer mom.

Kazakhstan
    er, 3 saws, hostel and what else was shocking in the past few years?

he's getting carried away, if he thinks thats all the industry churns out, what the hell did he think was going on during the 70s & 80s? armageddon?! you couldnt move for the la zombi ripoffi flicks and movies with names like dont go to the last house in the park and cannibal-somethingorothers!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    He called horror film makers "villains" in his opening memo for supposedly tainting the minds of adult American movie-goers with their films. I've been a fan of both horror films and rock music since I was a kid, and my criminal record is spotless. This scapegoating of the entertainment industry never fails to irk me. Can you say "catering to the base"?
    Same here. No criminal record for me either.

Undisclosed
    Bill O'Rly is a mouth breather retard like Coultergeist and Rush "Gimme The Pills!" Limbuagh. On the otherside of the fence they've got Bill Mahr, Al Frakenstein and Micheal "Supersize That!" Moore.

They are the party faithful, they are right and anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with their own pathetically narrow little view of the world is not just wrong but a horribly misguided, unpatriotic, evil person, and frankly, they're walking adverts for why post-birth abortion should be made legal.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    ...people need minds. I'm beginning to think they don't make em anymore...
    Right there is the exact problem with the majority of the people in the US. They don't think for themselves - they let idiots like O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and anyone else they see on TV and hear on the radio do their thinking for them. Then, like blind sheep, the repeat what they heard and consider it "fact" without further investigation.

As far as O'Reilly, fu*k him and the horse he rode in on. If you take anything this man says seriously, that is problem #1.

Now, as far as 'violent cinema' - it's my personal belief that the problem is.... there's not enough of it.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 01-Nov-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    The makers of Saw III ARE villains, they dropped a rotten egg on us and made me pay 10 bucks to see it

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Right there is the exact problem with the majority of the people in the US. They don't think for themselves - they let idiots like O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and anyone else they see on TV and hear on the radio do their thinking for them. Then, like blind sheep, the repeat what they heard and consider it "fact" without further investigation.

As far as O'Reilly, fu*k him and the horse he rode in on. If you take anything this man says seriously, that is problem #1.

Now, as far as 'violent cinema' - it's my personal belief that the problem is.... there's not enough of it.
    I think they listen too worse people than Orielly and Limbaugh, like Michael Moore and Hitlery Klinton, and Al Frankenstien. Remember the 2 crusaders to ban violent media were ahem the 2000 Democrat President and Vice President candidates.
    Last edited by Khardis; 01-Nov-2006 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's always going to be morons like this guy. They want to blame everything on something that it shouldn't be blamed on. And just like all the morons before him.....it won't change a thing.

I won't pay a penny to see Saw III, anyway. The first film was decent, but Saw II was horribly predictable and just all around laughable.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I think they listen too worse people than Orielly and Limbaugh, like Michael Moore and Hitlery Klinton, and Al Frankenstien. Remember the 2 crusaders to ban violent media were ahem the 2000 Democrat President and Vice President candidates.
    I don't consider them "worse" - I just put 'em all in the same basket. They're all boneheads.

oh, and 'hitlery clinton'? too funny. Shouldn't we change Michael Moore to "Michael Bore"?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I don't consider them "worse" - I just put 'em all in the same basket. They're all boneheads.

oh, and 'hitlery clinton'? too funny. Shouldn't we change Michael Moore to "Michael Bore"?
    He would be boring if he didnt influence so many people. 1/3 of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job. Thats called the Michael Mooreification of America.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    He would be boring if he didnt influence so many people. 1/3 of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job. Thats called the Michael Mooreification of America.
    Sadly, you have a point there.

United States
    "And when they found our shadows
    Grouped around the TV sets
    They ran down every lead
    They repeated every test
    They checked out all the data on their lists
    And then the alien anthropologists
    Admitted they were still perplexed
    But on eliminating every other reason
    For our sad demise
    They logged the only explanation left
    This species has amused itself to death
    No tears to cry no feelings left
    This species has amused itself to death...

Roger Waters - 1991