Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need super high quality flyboy in lift (elevator) image

Administrator

England
    OK ta!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Okay, I'm back home. Neil, I'll get your pic within a day or two. Jscott, are you after the exact same screenshot?
    If you're able to get some/any, can you save them in lossless format? eg: PNG?

EDIT: Correction! TIFF uncompressed please
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

United States
    Just to let you know Neil, PNG is a web format and aren't meant to be printed. So they don't support CMYK color print profiles.

From wikipedia:
    PNG supports palette-based images (with palettes of 24-bit RGB or 32-bit RGBA colors), grayscale images (with or without alpha channel), and full-color non-palette-based RGB[A] images (with or without alpha channel). PNG was designed for transferring images on the Internet, not for professional-quality print graphics, and therefore does not support non-RGB color spaces such as CMYK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_Graphics

A better format is TIFF. It can use lossless compression or no compression at all(preferable) and supports RGB and CMYK.

Tibet
    Better question (and I may have missed the answer along the way)........how did you get lift paneling????? I want some!!!!! Sounds like a great idea.....post pics when you get it finished, please.

Administrator

England
    Don't want to say who in case they start getting lots of unwanted requests, so a "kindly soul" sent me a bit.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Australia
    Here we go:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1689/flyboy.png

Hmmm. Imageshack converted the TIFF to PNG for me. Could you convert it prior to printing, perhaps? Or would that degrade the quality somehow?

I'm not sure if it'd matter so much. The blu ray is DNR'd to death and there's not much fine detail left to salvage.
    Last edited by Griff; 25-Apr-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Administrator

England
    Thanks Griff!

^ babomb? Thoughts?

If PNG is a problem, maybe Griff could email you/me the TIFF version?
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

United States
    It would be better quality if he could email one of us the TIFF. That's the ideal situation. But if that's not possible, I can convert the PNG to TIFF. I'll send my private email in a PM to you Neil.

What application are you gonna use to print it out? I just want to know so I can find out if there's any conventions I need to consider. There's several CMYK profiles, some better than others, and not all applications support all of them. There's a standard one that's universal, but if the application supports the higher end profiles that's the best way to go. Also, will you be printing this one a PC or Mac? The TIFF byte order is different between them and I'll have to know which one to choose.

Dead

United States
    The one I got in the email was a jpeg. I can work with it but the original TIFF would be best. The dimensions are 1934x1088, which is great.

- - - Updated - - -

OK. Sorry for the delay. I got the image color and tone corrected. I brightened the levels, added vibrance and contrast.
    I have a copy of it as a proof for you to tell me if you want it brightened more/less and to tell me how you want the crop. This is just a JPEG and hasn't been sharpened because that's the very last step before converting to TIFF and CMYK. Tell me what more you want done...
    original:

Edit:
    Last edited by babomb; 26-Apr-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Administrator

England
    ^ Looking good!

I've asked Griff to email me a TIFF (uncompressed) version of the image...

Your example changes above look great. My only issue would be the lights at the top of the lift look 'too much'? That said, I'd be cropping the image down in size (a bit like the image in the OP) so I suspect that region would get chopped anyway! But the rest of the image looks great! I'd suggest waiting until I get that TIFF?

Many thanks!
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

United States
    Yeah I'll definitely wait for the TIFF. Wasn't sure on that. I can tone down the lights at the top. That's just a result of brightening the rest of the image.
    Last edited by babomb; 26-Apr-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Australia
    Whoops! I'm back. E-mailing the TIFF to Neil now!
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Dead

United States
    here's the image before sharpening and converting to CMYK:

Let me know if this is good. I'll wait to hear from you before I do the final steps. When I corrected it, I tried to compensate for the lights at the top. That's why it looks a lil different than the versions above. But I can change that easily if you like the other ones more.
    Last edited by babomb; 03-May-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: ..

Administrator

England
    That's looking great! Maybe just a bit more contrast, if that makes sense?

The TIFF is 1600x900 pixels, so I assume your final image would be too? I obviously want to retain every pixel (resolution) I can to help the final print quality!

Thanks again!
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

United States
    The tiff I have is 1920x1080.

Updated version with more contrast and slight color correction.
    Last edited by babomb; 03-May-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: ..