Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The next Rambo film

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    "Rambo", as it's called isn't a bad film. But along with the prior sequels it just spits in the face of what made First Blood great. First Blood was a film that really made Stallone a great actor(along with Rocky, of course). After that, he's continued to milk every franchise under his belt until it's nothing more than a gimmick. John Rambo used to be an every man. Now he's some sort of R-rated gorehound...

"Rocky Balboa" isn't bad, either. It's just basically a remake....
    Mmm. Points taken. But those ships sailed long ago, insofar as avoiding tarnishing the legacy so to speak, so I'm not too fussed if he makes another one now.

Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Two words, Cobra 2.
    Back in the day I would'a been SO down for that. Now, eh...once again, I'd say the ship already sailed there too.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Back in the day I would'a been SO down for that. Now, eh...once again, I'd say the ship already sailed there too.
    Why? Is it too unrealistic to have him pick up a gun, point it at a thug and spout a one-liner? C'mon Cobretti!

Being Attacked

England
    Rambo Vs Hercules In New York Vs The Last Boy Scout...needs to be done

Super Moderator

UK
    Like the sound of that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that silly idea thrown around a while back about Rambo vs The Yeti or whatever it was (idiotic!). I loved Rambo 4, it was a kick arse action flick. Wasn't mad keen on the 2nd or 3 movies, but loved the first and loved the fourth. A fifth might be good too.

Rocky Balboa was excellent - that's left well enough alone now. It's gone out on a high note and it should stay there sitting pretty. Demolition Man 2? That'd be cool - like San Angeles + however many years it's been, to see what that futuristic society has become after they loosened their neckties a bit, you know?

A Cobra 2? Can't see that happening - plus it's a movie and character that deserves to remain in the 1980s. It's so very, very 1980s (but in a really kick arse way), and I think it'd be weird and out-of-place 30 years later, I don't know...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Mar-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Tango and Cash 2?

Demolition Man, I'd throw that one in the reboot file.

Demolition Man was a casualty of the late 90's. Cool idea and tons of potential plus every restaurant is a Taco Bell. Utopia or dystopia? The class division and undercurrent of revolution. A perfect world on the outside that was decaying on the inside. A lot of big neat ideas.

Unfortunately they tossed out anything serious and gave us Rob Schneider and toilet paper jokes.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Why? Is it too unrealistic to have him pick up a gun, point it at a thug and spout a one-liner? C'mon Cobretti!
    Nah, just been such a long stretch since the 1st one, plus it's such a "product of its times", so to speak, that in either case I don't think it would work.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Nah, just been such a long stretch since the 1st one, plus it's such a "product of its times", so to speak, that in either case I don't think it would work.
    Plus it was easier to resurrect Rambo as it was a three-film franchise and icon of Western action cinema ... Rocky too had five films to the franchise and is a worldwide phenomenon ... Cobra is one movie very much from the 1980s, and as cool and enjoyably dark as it is, it doesn't have the clout.

hehe, as a side note, I was just listening to "The Happy Song" by Poets of the Fall, and it matched up perfectly with Moon's signature gif - awesome.