Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next Rambo film

Administrator

England

The next Rambo film

Nice Stallone interview here - http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/03/06/o...action-heroes/

I’m dying to do another Rambo. He’s in Arizona on the border. It will involve him going into Mexico. I don’t think Rambo likes Mexicans.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I don’t think Rambo likes Mexicans.
    Oh, dear...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Being Attacked

England
    At one point wasn't the plot going to be Rambo vs a genetically modified big cat? I honesty believe I read that somewhere a few years back
    Last edited by Knighty; 09-Mar-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Administrator

England
    ^^ What ever you're smoking, I want some!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

England
    Boom! http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43045

Read it and weep

ViP

United States
    They were toying with Rambo vs. The Thing as well. It could have been interesting, but likely would have been awful. Better left to comic books I say (a la Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash).

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    Boom! http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43045

Read it and weep
    La! La! La! *fingers in ears* La! La! La! Nope! Not true!

Joking aside! Hmmmm!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Oh, dear...
    I hope he's joking...and if so, it's still in pretty bad taste.

That having been said, that would make for a good "relevent" topic a la the last ones. The cartels, immigration, how people are suffering in the cross fire, etc. Dovetails nicely into the end of the last one too.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Stallone has been talking about a fifth Rambo ever since the fourth. Before that, he was pushing for a fourth. The guy has even suggested a Demolition Man 2.

He's just trying to re-live former glory. While I enjoyed Expendables(a rare new property for Stallone), I fear he's hurting himself with these sequels.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Stallone has been talking about a fifth Rambo ever since the fourth. Before that, he was pushing for a fourth. The guy has even suggested a Demolition Man 2.

He's just trying to re-live former glory. While I enjoyed Expendables(a rare new property for Stallone), I fear he's hurting himself with these sequels.
    I would agree. Except I thought #4 was pretty good. Now "Rocky" he can leave be, but I'm still up for one at least one more Rambo

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I would agree. Except I thought #4 was pretty good. Now "Rocky" he can leave be, but I'm still up for one at least one more Rambo
    "Rambo", as it's called isn't a bad film. But along with the prior sequels it just spits in the face of what made First Blood great. First Blood was a film that really made Stallone a great actor(along with Rocky, of course). After that, he's continued to milk every franchise under his belt until it's nothing more than a gimmick. John Rambo used to be an every man. Now he's some sort of R-rated gorehound...

"Rocky Balboa" isn't bad, either. It's just basically a remake....
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Mar-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: .

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    "Rambo", as it's called isn't a bad film. But along with the prior sequels it just spits in the face of what made First Blood great. First Blood was a film that really made Stallone a great actor(along with Rocky, of course). After that, he's continued to milk every franchise under his belt until it's nothing more than a gimmick. John Rambo used to be an every man. Now he's some sort of R-rated gorehound...

"Rocky Balboa" isn't bad, either. It's just basically a remake....
    Rocky Balboa is more than a remake, it was at least a decent send off to the series, and it helps you forget the god awful #5

Get snipes out of Jail and I would definitely be down for a Demolition Man 2
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 10-Mar-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Does anyone really care?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

Get snipes out of Jail and I would definitely be down for a Demolition Man 2
    But, but...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Rocky Balboa is more than a remake, it was at least a decent send off to the series, and it helps you forget the god awful #5
    Rocky Balboa is as much of a remake as Rocky 2. I don't mean to say Rocky 2 is a bad film, but it's obvious that Stallone has made a career out of milking his characters.

ViP

United States
    Two words, Cobra 2.