Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Film You'd Like To Forget

United States

Film You'd Like To Forget

(Taken from an IMDB discussion...)

I would LOVE to forget DOTD and watch it 'fresh' so I could relive that afternoon years ago when first I experienced it.

Of course, the multiple viewings has led to a deepening appreciation for it but I would just love to be able to go back and watch it with new eyes.

What are your films you'd like to forget?
    Last edited by Mr.G; 12-Mar-2010 at 03:08 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Day, for sure. It was the first of the series for me. Well....with the exception of Night on tv, but I don't really count that.

I still remember it like it was yesterday. My older brother worked at a Blockbuster and brought it home on the recommendation of a fellow employee. I didn't really know what it was or care to see it, but I had nothing better to do. My movie-going life was changed forever. I immediately hit rewind and watched it a second time. It would be cool to have that feeling of shock again....

Dawn was the last of the series. Took me forever to find a copy. Then when I watched it I was kind of like, "THIS is what they call the best zombie film?!? BULLSHIT!" I've warmed to it over the years, but I guess seeing Day first just ruined the impact of Dawn.

Another one I would like to watch with fresh eyes would be Ghostbusters. I've seen it so many times and turned into such a nerd for it that now I watch it for the "little things". I'm looking at the inconsistencies in the packs, details that were over looked, backgrounds of shots, etc. It's hard to see it with the same eyes anymore.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Mar-2010 at 03:14 PM.

United States
    The three that I would like to forget and see again are Zombi 2, Dawn of the Dead, and Hell of the Living Dead. Those are the three movies that blew me away when I first saw them. I remember when I got Hell and I went home and watched it three times in a row. Dawn probably had the biggest impact on me when I first watched it. It made my life better. Zombi 2 made me into what I am today.

I would like to forget a few bad movies, though. Day of the Dead 2, and Automation Transfusion. Automation Transfusion was home video quality and really sucked. I wish I could forget all the shitty American Slasher films except for the Prowler and the Burning.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Dawn probably had the biggest impact on me when I first watched it. It made my life better. Zombi 2 made me into what I am today.
    Not to be too personal, but would you care going into greater detail here? It's a unique statement I've never read in this context.

Russian Federation
    I would like to forget The Demons by Dario Argento.
    I have watched it when i was like 12, and was very shocked and scared by it. Couldnt sleep at night after it and so on. Probably was a mistake to watch this movie when i was so young.
    It was a first horror movie for me also.

United States
    The original, non-special editioned Star Wars.

Saw it when it first came out in '77. I was 5. I'd like to have my little mind blown like that again.

(And anybody who calls it 'Episode IV' or 'A New Hope' is askin' for such a pinch...)
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    I'd like to have my little mind blown like that again.
    Try smoking dynamite.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    gotta be the Evil Dead for me, its still creeps me out when i watch it now, but when i first saw it aged 13 i swear i didnt sleep properly for weeks after and its still my fav non-zombie horror of all time

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Try smoking dynamite.

I wonder if that's what happened to Dr Tongue in Day....?
    Last edited by BillyRay; 12-Mar-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Day, for sure. It was the first of the series for me. Well....with the exception of Night on tv, but I don't really count that.

I still remember it like it was yesterday. My older brother worked at a Blockbuster and brought it home on the recommendation of a fellow employee. I didn't really know what it was or care to see it, but I had nothing better to do. My movie-going life was changed forever. I immediately hit rewind and watched it a second time. It would be cool to have that feeling of shock again....

Dawn was the last of the series. Took me forever to find a copy. Then when I watched it I was kind of like, "THIS is what they call the best zombie film?!? BULLSHIT!" I've warmed to it over the years, but I guess seeing Day first just ruined the impact of Dawn.

Another one I would like to watch with fresh eyes would be Ghostbusters. I've seen it so many times and turned into such a nerd for it that now I watch it for the "little things". I'm looking at the inconsistencies in the packs, details that were over looked, backgrounds of shots, etc. It's hard to see it with the same eyes anymore.
    I too would love to be able to experience Day again for the first time. After not watching it in a while, I put it on the other week with a bunch of friends and alcohol, that was a helluva fun time. Everyone just kept saying throughout, "Jesus, Ryan has said that line before hasn't he?"

It's too damned quotable! My ignorance is exceeded only by my charm, captain!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Not to be too personal, but would you care going into greater detail here? It's a unique statement I've never read in this context.
    When I saw Dawn of the Dead for the first time, I discovered a whole world and the atmosphere of it made me feel so good. I was obsessed with horror movies my whole life but Dawn introduced me to real horror. It is kind of hard to explain. Once I saw Zombi 2, I became obsessed with Fulci and it absorbed part of my life. Zombi 2 also made me interested in makeup effects, which is also a big part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by bozak View Post
    I would like to forget The Demons by Dario Argento.
    I have watched it when i was like 12, and was very shocked and scared by it. Couldnt sleep at night after it and so on. Probably was a mistake to watch this movie when i was so young.
    It was a first horror movie for me also.
    DEMONS or DEMONI (with an accent mark over the "e"). "The" is not in the title.
    Last edited by fulci fan; 12-Mar-2010 at 04:30 PM.

England
    Dawn, each and every time...just having that mall and the gunshop all to themselves thrills the adventurous consumer side of me.

Props to BillyRay for mentioning "Star Wars"...I was also 5 or 6 when I saw that at the pictures back in the day...it deeply influenced my childish mind and fueled my imagination for many years after.

Seeing the action figures in the shops shortly after fucked me up as well...I WANT!!!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Christmas Island
    I don't think there's any film I'd like to forget in order to "re-experience" them. Part of what made many of my favorite movies so good was the mindset I had at that particular age as well as the overall feel of the period. Dawn or Star Wars for example, could only really be experienced to their full potential when viewed during the late 70s to early 80s.

Administrator

England
    Hmmm great topic, Standard choices like dawn and ZFE aside.. id love to be able to see braindead again with fresh eyes.

Also Id love to be able to forget id seen land. there's 3 hours of my life ill never get back.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Also Id love to be able to forget id seen land. there's 3 hours of my life ill never get back.
    3 hours? You are brave!