Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sorry i have to ask

United States

sorry i have to ask

what is everybodys opinion on day of the dead? In my opinion it is the best of GAR's dead films. i just want some other opinions.

Nick McLaughlin

Lord Howe Island

Day is my favorite..

Being a nihillist(sp?) I have always liked Day the best. It seems the most bleak and hopeless. Plus it makes me dream of what could have been if George would've had a good budget.

Anyway, Day is still my favorite...plus I even like the 80's syth score..

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Day was the first of the original trilogy that I saw (I watched them in reverse order actually), and I really enjoyed it and I still really enjoy it. It reminds me of when I first saw it at the age of 14. I'd never seen something so gory, and it was my first GAR flick. I reckon the movie rocks.

Undisclosed
    It was the first zombie flick I saw back in Grade 4...lol, so therefore it is my favourite, I think it's definatley the most mature zombie film out there. It was kind of the movie I was hoping LOTD would be like

United States
    Seems as if the first time I saw it I ranked it third of the original trilogy. Then after subsequent viewings, I grew to like it more and more. I then had it tied with Night, now I think maybe I even have it ranked above Night. Dawn is still the King, but Day is awesome. A great mood, very somber, great score by John Harrison, awesome effects. What more could a movie goer want?

Canada
    Not that big of a fan. Easily the least of the four in my opinion, the acting is an entire notch below the other films.

Canada
    it was one of the full length zombie flicks i had scene. it was good prior to not seeing the other 2. after watching night, and dawn, my opinion changed. the other 2 were greats imho . i also found it hard to believe that for being military they were such dire straits. like come on one helicoptor .....

i wish the original script would of been done myself, it would of been a better movie overall.

i did google the remake of day and onloy came up with script ideas by the writer, and how 'bud' would be in there.... wtf kinda scarey he doesnt know it bub not bud

United States
    It's my third favorite, but I love them all. Dawn is tops in my book...

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

United States
    i thought it was good, but not better than the other 2

the opening still gives me chills, seeing how everything was gone but the zombies

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its easily the least favourite of the four in my view though i think thats becuase its so simple, i mean think about it, how else could they have ended the movie?, maybe they could be rescued by the army at the end but they didnt have the budget ,but meh.

the 80's synth rocked though

and ive heard talk about a mutch longer origional script, anyone know were i can read that online?, ive searched and all ive found is the longer land script with the zombie rats in.

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ngm231
    what is everybodys opinion on day of the dead? In my opinion it is the best of GAR's dead films. i just want some other opinions.

Nick McLaughlin
    Ok I dig this kid. As young as you are and having an interest in these films is wonderful. The problem today is that younger viewers are amazed with all of the CG work in movies. You keep up watching and learning the ways of making great Dead films all with real effects. Also to answer the question I'm one of those who has let Day grow on me. At first I was'nt very happy with it, but over the past twenty years I've come to enjoy it more. I would still say that it is third on my list behind Night and Dawn.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru ofthe Dead
    The problem today is that younger viewers are amazed with all of the CG work in movies.
    you were close to setting me into an i hate cgi rant thar'

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    you were close to setting me into an i hate cgi rant thar'
    Sorry it just seems that filmakers think they need to use it in every scene. Yeah it's probably easier and cheaper, but to me it kinda takes the fun out of the movie seeing the splatter of fake blood all over the place.

United States
    I love Day. The conversation between John and Sarah is classic and means so much. Scenes like that is what was missing from Land Of the Dead.
    The Gore effects, the music, Capt Rhodes, and overall mood make this a great film. Also, the opening with Dr Tongue....priceless.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru ofthe Dead
    Sorry it just seems that filmakers think they need to use it in every scene. Yeah it's probably easier and cheaper, but to me it kinda takes the fun out of the movie seeing the splatter of fake blood all over the place.
    not wanting to sound immature but, damn straight byatch!