Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night of the Tripping Dead

United States

Night of the Tripping Dead

Tried to get on here the other day, but the board and site had an Internal Server Error.

Anyway, this version of NOTLD '68 was on the G4 network on Halloween night and ran for a hour with commericals. What they did was redub it and tried to be funny, buy believe me... it was pretty f**king stupid.

I watched like 10 minutes of this crapfest before giving up on it. They not only made Barbara out to be a cross-dressing man or what-not, but they had the zombies talking! Cemetary zombie was talking like a comedian and I recall a really bad Jerry Seinfeld impression!)

Crap. Anyone else see it?

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States
    I think i've seen a similar version. It wasn't on G4 it was on some random channel and it was NOTLD but with whacked out music and weird stuff. I was at someone elses house so I didn't have the remote and they changed it after about two minutes of intolerable stupidity on Barbaras behalf.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    i watched it up until the cemetery zombie attacked, and then turned it off, because, like you dawg, i thought it was a stupid waste of time.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Without the copyright I am afraid we will most likely be subjected to more spoofs of that film in the coming years.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    How old is Night of the Dawn of the Bride of the.... This has been going on for a long time, and will of course continue

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would love to see Mystery Science Theater 3000 do Night. They're the only ones that could make it funny.

This Tripping thing is dull....

Undisclosed
    Mike Nelson (from MST3K now Rifftrax) did a commentary on the Off Color films colourised version. They didn't license Night either.

United States
    There was something called "Mad Movies" i believe that I remember being pretty funny back in the day. It was dubbed over. But I was a kid when I saw it. probably not funny at all now.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    Mike Nelson (from MST3K now Rifftrax) did a commentary on the Off Color films colourised version. They didn't license Night either.
    I can't stand MST3K, but even fans agree that Nelson's NOLD commentary sucks eggs. This review sums it up best: Film Freak Central

Also, the Off-Color/Legend Films colorized version was released unlicensed by Fox, which demonstrates that Hollywood is the biggest bunch of hypocrites when it comes to supporting artists and eliminating "piracy."

Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    How old is Night of the Dawn of the Bride of the....
    That version was probably the first, produced during the home video era of the early 90s. I knew the person responsible and he actually called Romero to inform him of what he was doing only to be bitched out by GAR's wife!
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 08-Nov-2007 at 05:47 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I can't stand MST3K

Sir.....I'm afraid i'm going to have to kindly ask you to leave.

GET OUT!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Sorry. It's just that I don't need anyone's help in poking fun at bad movies.

But at least the Godzilla vs. Megalon episode was funny.

Atlanta, GA -- right smack in the middle of the Walking Dead apocalypse
    Undisclosed
    er... putting myself in danger of ridicule here, since I'm the only one saying so, but I actually liked Night of the Tripping Dead. I thought it was funny stoopid.

If you're interested, there's video here:
    http://www.gamespot.com/users/groggle990/video

(Then again, I also liked Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D.)

United States
    I'm at work and couldn't watch the whole thing but what little I saw was actually amusing. That being said, maybe a whole movie of it becomes tiresome, but so far not that bad.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

GET OUT!!!

I second that emotion. MST3K is all kinds of awesome.....especially in its prime.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I would love to see Mystery Science Theater 3000 do Night. They're the only ones that could make it funny.
    Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd bump this one, since the above quote is very topical.

I watched the Night of the Living Dead RiffTrax version last night. As we all know, that's the MST3K guys doing commentary outside the MST3K name.

It appeared to be about the longest cut of Night I've seen, but it was the original Romero version. The film was black and white, grainy, and jittery.

The commentary was laugh out loud in places (Ben shaking Barbra - "I'm a black man in a horror movie - I might as well walk on down to the morgue") and meh in places. Typical MST3K.

In addition to the expected funny remarks, the guys also pointed out a few funny observations that made me scratch my head over the movie.

Like Ben telling Barbra, "I've got the place pretty well boarded up," with the obviously unboarded window visible over his shoulder, and the commentary, "Except it just feels like there's one place I just can't seem to put my finger on." Or the unending cricket noises in the background.

Or the fact that Ben and Barbra never introduce themselves ("you need to calm down, unnamed blond woman" - "yes, I'll do what you say, unnamed black man").

Overall it was worth a viewing.

Ben at the end waking up, gun in hand... "Time to put another round into the bald white guy."
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.