Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hell of the Living Dead

Undisclosed
    Have to say I quite like this, and definitely include it in the good Italian Zombie movie column. If you didn't enjoy this don't touch After Death or Killing Birds, I have a feeling you won't like them.

United States
    I've never loved the Fulci/Bava type zombie movies. I will watch them, and usually have some really great gore scenes, but the plots are nigh impossible to follow. I did like a LOT of scenes in Zombi. Actually Fulci has some good ones, House by the Cemetary is really quite good. This movie, as i recall, was decent. But I can't say its a good movie, unless you have a fetish for foreign Z movies, or a lot of patience.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Neil = Always late to the party

HellOTLD is a great slice of italian cheddar
    Don't you mean Mozzarella?

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I've never loved the Fulci/Bava type zombie movies. I will watch them, and usually have some really great gore scenes, but the plots are nigh impossible to follow. I did like a LOT of scenes in Zombi. Actually Fulci has some good ones, House by the Cemetary is really quite good. This movie, as i recall, was decent. But I can't say its a good movie, unless you have a fetish for foreign Z movies, or a lot of patience.

I don't understand what people see in Fulci's work. To be honest his stuff isn't all that yet people seem to praise it to the highest order. To me all his movies were gore for the sake of gore. The story, characters and acting were pointless.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 07-Nov-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Don't you mean Mozzarella?

I don't understand what people see in Fulci's work. To be honest his stuff isn't all that yet people seem to praise it to the highest order. To me all his movies were gore for the sake of gore. The story, characters and acting were pointless.
    I mostly agree...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks Neil... for the longest time I was starting to feel like I was alone in my feelings for Fulci's work.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To me all his movies were gore for the sake of gore. The story, characters and acting were pointless.

So if you look for things like that in films......where is the greatness that you claim is in Yawn04?

Sorry, bro....couldn't resist.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dawn 04 didn't go gore crazy, it had characters you actually gave a damn about (Cj, Michael, Andy) Fulci's work had none of that, neither did another zombie film from the beloved master, but we will save that for another thread.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dawn 04 didn't go gore crazy, it had characters you actually gave a damn about (Cj, Michael, Andy) Fulci's work had none of that, neither did another zombie film from the beloved master, but we will save that for another thread.
    I didn't mean the gore....I meant the character part. I'm glad you felt for the characters in Dawn04. At least all two of you enjoyed the movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    See for me I fel there were more characters to care about in DAWN 04 vs. LOTD. George is usually great at character development but LOTD lacked a lot of that, at times it felt like a Fulci Movie. Hell of the Living Dead is just what Axlish said.... great italian cheese. It is a fun movie to watch and laugh at, but other than that it is a true rip off of Dawn of the Dead just set in the jungles.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't get your Dawn04/LOTD defense shields up, Lucille. I was just joshing around.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh I know... I don't have them up.... YET.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!