Message Details
AuthorMessage
bassman311
Fresh meat

Subject: RE: CGI SUCKS....that's all there is to it.....Date: Mon 14-Nov-2005, 12:02:59

I agree that MOST OF THE TIME people use CGI in films and it f*cks them up. But sometimes you have people that use it only to enhace slightly and when it's done this way, it's a very valuable tool. I know Romero says that about Land, but he still used a bit too much...

A good example of what I mean is "The Devil's Rejects"....

SPOILERS BELOW

1) The knife into the woman's chest, when it's pulled out they used only a portion of the knife and filled it in with CGI, rather than a retractable knife that looks more obvious.

2) The girl wearing the "Banjo face mask" that's hit by the semi....flawless.

3) And one cool thing that Zombie did was re-use footage from earlier in the film and slightly alter it to seem as if it's a different time/shot. EX: When Sheriff Wydell drives up to the abandoned Firefly house to eventually go to the basement and find his brother....the shot of him pulling up to the house is actually from the beginning of the film and Rob Zombie just had them remove the other police cars from his mirrors so it would apear as if the shot were made for that scene. And it works flawlessly....

But I do agree with you...most of the time CGI is over used...

Message Thread
[ View Parent Message ]

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.