Message Details
AuthorMessage
dmbfanintn
Fresh meat

Subject: How did he get the spear gun back???? spoilersDate: Tue 21-Feb-2006, 11:26:05

I watched Land again last night for the 6th time. I have been in the Land lovers camp from day one, but it seems the more I watch it, the more I enjoy it. Land, much like Day, for me, get better with each viewing. I seem to pick up more and more each time.

This brings me to the purpose of the post. Cholo basically carried two weapons throughout the film, the handgun that he kept in his shoulder holster and the spear gun. When he went to the green to give Mr K the champagne and cigars, he clearly gives BOTH weapons to the guy in the armory before he heads up to the apartment. The fact the he was weaponless was driven home even further during the scene in the Dir Cut when he kills the zombie neighbor. Cholo reaches inside his jacket as if for the handgun only to come out empty handed (he gave it to the guy in the armory).

After the scene in Mr K’s apartment when he tells the goon, “I wont be needing this man anymore” and they head down the service stairwell, the guy was going to kill Cholo. Cholo lays him out and is outta there!

Well, a couple of scenes later we see Cholo and crew hanging out in Dead Reckoning waiting to hear of the money was dropped off, the “Lawn Mower Zombie” stubles up next the dead Reckoning and what does Cholo do? He whips out the spear gun and brains the zombie with it.

Question, when the hell did he get the spear gun back? I doubt, after the tussle in the stairwell, laying out the security goon and Mr K’s desire for Cholo to be killed, he would go back to the armory and cheerfully ask for his weapons back.

Did he have an extra spear gun on reserve? Not likely.

Any ideas there guys?

Message Thread

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.