Message Details
AuthorMessage
MinionZombie
Fresh meat

Subject: RE: There's a "Tremors 4"???Date: Mon 20-Feb-2006, 17:11:17

You didn't like Tremors 2???!!! It was loads of fun, granted the first film was the best, but I personally loved the second film as well. The third involves "ass blasters" and goes 'back to Perfection' (and brings back many of the first film's characters, with original actors), it's pretty stupid, but it was essentially a 'pilot' or 'test' for the TV series.

The TV series was pretty daft and had some rather questionable CGI effects, the third film didn't come off that great, but it had some great moments and furthered the progression of Bert taking center stage.

In the fourth film, it goes back to when Perfection wasn't called that (I forget the 'original' name of the town now), but it was back in the 18-somethings and features Berts (great?)-grandfather who actually knew nothing about guns and was quite the wimp - but learnt it all from a cowboy type geezer. It's pretty stupid and just treads over the same ground from the first film - everything they 'discover' the audience already knows from the first three movies.

Back to the TV series, it was quite enjoyable I thought, really only one for the hardcore Tremors fans. Plenty of daft humour and plenty of character quirks, TONS of focus on Bert (except for 2 or 3 episodes when he's barely there, off on some 'retreat' thingy or off killing shriekers in Mexico or something).

Like with all sequels, the further down the line the films went the worse they got. But I own the first 3 on DVD and the 4th I downloaded, watched the show on Sci-Fi, I enjoyed them all, so I guess I'm more of a 'hardcore' Tremors fan...

Message Thread
[ View Parent Message ]

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.