Message Details
AuthorMessage
MinionZombie
Fresh meat

Subject: RE: Well, each to their own I suppose...Date: Sun 19-Feb-2006, 14:20:57

Ahhh...my two cents.

Now I understand what you're saying about the zombies in Land - but that was the point of these zombies - they're growing up, they're getting smarter, they're living more of a life than the actual living people - GAR even has that written into the script as a line of dialogue. I know what you're saying, but it's where GAR was going with it.

As for Yawn04, well, everybody knows my sentiments about that. I think it'd really be grasping at straws to make a sequel - island full of RUNNING *sigh* zombies comes charging at them, their boat engine is broken - I'd say they're all toast.

Also - Yawn04 was ANOTHER "it's starting" film. There are SO MANY zombie films - both studio and independent, that focus on the start of a plague. The great thing with GAR's, and especially including Land, is that we find out what happens in the next step, and the next step and then the next step. We see society crumble gradually and we see the desperation and isolation grow.

With films like Yawn04 we see ANOTHER bunch of people NOT aiming for the head and going "how come they ain't dying, man?". It's why I didn't get along with Tremors 4 - it was retreading familiar territory. While the audience already knows everything, the characters are the dumb ones.

In film, the characters on screen should never be behind the audience, they should always be ahead or on the same level.

Just my two cents.

Message Thread
[ View Parent Message ]

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.