Message Details
AuthorMessage
MinionZombie
Fresh meat

Subject: RE: I don't think GAR is going to do LOTD2 anytime soonDate: Thu 26-Jan-2006, 09:04:12

I like a lot of GAR's other flicks personally. I really enjoyed The Crazies, Martin was excellent, Knightriders - although I struggled, was a really strong and personal film, Creepshow was surprisingly entertaining and even scary at times and Monkey Shines I was again surprised by - I really enjoyed it. The Dark Half was pretty tame and nothing to shout about, Bruiser was iffy but I still enjoyed it mostly - the whole Misfits bit was my favourite part actually.

Season of the Witch, certainly not one of his best by a very long way, but there were certain aspects I really dug - how it was filmed, the editing and some of the dialogue really grabbed me.

And aye, I read that interview and it makes a lot of sense. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'd rush in and just make one as there's studio interest now - he did the same after Dawn, he waited for a new climate - and that makes a lot of sense. Perhaps you guys will get a Democratic government at the next election and that will no doubt produce further ideas for GAR to follow up on.

Message Thread
[ View Parent Message ]

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.