Message Details
AuthorMessage
SeanArcher
Fresh meat

Subject: RE: Oh yeah I'm sure while they were fending for their lives....Date: Tue 27-Sep-2005, 21:30:21

What the hell are you talking about? If you were stranded on an island, you might want to get rescued and decide to put a note in a bottle, or light a large fire. Where would you have gotten that idea? Was it that island survival tips class that everyone takes in high school, or would you have gotten it from pop culture? Of course they weren't sitting on the roof saying "Hey, let me copy off of a movie." But they were saying, "How can I signal a helicopter? I know, I can paint S.O.S. and HELP and CIVIES INSIDE." What was written in Dawn was S.O.S. and HELP and ALIVE INSIDE. I didn't say they were copying off of a movie for fun, but I'm saying Dawn of the Dead was probably where they got the idea to paint the large signals and hold up boards. You're the only one here bringing up the concept that they were trying to copy off of a movie for goofs. Good god, have some respect for them.

Also, what do you mean I would be the last person to make a comment like this, being from New Orleans? I would be the FIRST one to make a comment like this, because unlike you people who could probably care less about my city and wish the news would stop covering it, I have been directly affected by it for the past month. My house had major damage and when we first went to check it out we got stopped by the national guard outside the city because there was a curfew... had to sleep in the car until 5 am. While my parents were in Texas and my college classes were called off, I had nothing to do but help the thousands of refugees at my college and I was glued to the TV half the day. It was because of that, being glued to the TV, that I caught a glimpse of the roof with that stuff painted on it, which I've only seen them show once. Being a Dawn fan, I recognized that it was strikingly similar to Dawn. Having emailed James Gunn every now and then, I emailed him about it and mentioned it on the Dawn remake forum. Like I said, I would be the first to mention this.

Message Thread
[ View Parent Message ]

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.