Message Details
AuthorMessage
AssasinFromHell
Fresh meat

Subject: Dawn 04 vs. ContagiumDate: Mon 22-Aug-2005, 18:24:29

These two flicks both ripped a Romero classic, while having very little to do with the original. While it's arguable, which is better than the other, it's inarguable that the fact they both didn't have much to do with the original.

DAWN 04'S SIMILARITIES WITH DAWN 78:
Mall
Zombies
Name

CONTAGIUM'S SIMILARITIES WITH DAY:
Zombies
Staggering zombies
Timeline
Name

Well, there could be more. I'm just drawing a blank.

But even though I probably will dislike Contagium more, and so will everybody else, it follows Romero slightly closer than Dawn 04 did. It follows the storyline. The shit hit the fan in 1968. It even offers an explanation, despite how stupid it is. Contagium also has zombies that stagger, despite the rumors of them improving and getting stronger.

Now Dawn 04, it stayed true to the original, to the extent that it used the mall as the plot centerpiece. Yet, the remake wandered away from several things about the original. It was in a different area, different storyline, different characters, different zombies. Now, the arguement from the fans state that it's a remake, so it doesn't necissarily need to remain the same. But shouldn't have some kind of tie to the original besides the name and the two basic plot centerpieces: zombies and trapped in a mall?

Now, people are probably going to rip me with responses like "Contagium blows", but come on. Let's stay civil about this shall we.

So what do you all think?

Message Thread

Warning
To reply to this message you must be logged on via a registered account. To logon or create a new account take the 'Logon/Register' option above.